Admin Training: Working with Organizations
Organizations organize accounts and shared resources.
- Tenant: This is the highest level of your organization. You may have tenants on different systems (like healthcare.nvoq.com, canada.nvoq.com, test.nvoq.com, etc.). For example, you may have a tenant organization on healthcare.nvoq.com and also one on test.nvoq.com.
- At the tenant level some default settings for child organizations are configured based on tenant type.
- Billing subscriptions are also added here. Subscriptions added at the tenant level can be selected for individual accounts.
- A tenant includes one or more companies.
- Company: This is the second organization level and is created by a tenant-level administrator.
- A company includes one or more divisions.
- Division: This is the third organization level and can be created by a tenant- or company-level administrator.
- At the division level password and security settings are configured for nVoq client-only user accounts in groups below this organization.
- A division includes one or more groups.
- Group: This is the lowest organization level and can be created by a tenant-, company-, or division-level administrator.
- Only users belonging to a Client Group and granted Client Access have the ability to use dictation.
- At the group level settings such as the dictation topic and other client settings are configured for all accounts in the group.
- At this level you can also configure data persistence, which is the length of time that audio recordings and transcript text from dictations and voice shortcuts are stored in the administrator console for review on the Review & Correct page. We recommend leaving these in their default settings.
- Account: An account is an individual user.
- A user account may be created at any level of the organization hierarchy, but only accounts that belong to a Client Group and are granted Client Access can use dictation.
The Organization Menu in nVoq.Administrator
Above every page in nVoq.Administrator is the Organization menu. This is where you will select the organization with which you would like to work on the pages you select under Manage or Reports.
The organizations available in this menu depend on the Access Level of the Admin Role of the account. For example, a group level admin will only see one group in this menu.
Select the organization level from this drop-down menu to view accounts or assets inside that organization.
- Click the Expand All arrow next to the Filter to open all organizations in the menu.
- To close all organizations except the one you have selected, click Collapse.
- To open organizations individually, click the > arrows beside organizations to view child organizations below.
Your scroll location in the menu is remembered as you navigate to different pages in nVoq.Administrator.
- To find for a particular organization in the list, type part of the organization name in the Filter field at the top of the menu.
Use this menu in conjunction with the View menu in the gray section at the top of many pages.
Select the Account radio button under View and then select an account from the Account menu to view items on the page for an account in the organization selected in the organization menu above.
Select the Organization radio button under View and then select one of three options under Show Organization menu:
- Selected and parents will show you items created in the organization selected in the organization menu and all parent organizations above it.
- Only selected will show you items created in only the organization selected in the organization menu and no others.
- Selected and children will show you items created in the organization selected in the organization menu and all child organizations below it.